Wedding guest in Kenya dies of cholera

August 15, 2019
| Report Focus News

A wedding guest in Kenya has died and 40 others were admitted to hospital over the weekend in the capital, Nairobi.

The newly married couple did not suffer from any food poisoning, flying for their honeymoon to Dubai immediately after their wedding on Saturday

But the groom’s grandfather reportedly died on Tuesday.

The caterer has not commented on the alleged cholera outbreak.
Cholera is an acute diarrhoeal infection, which is caused by ingestion of food or water contaminated with the bacterium Vibrio cholera – and outbreaks are not unusual in Kenya.

The county said it was liaising with the Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company to super-chlorinate its water as well as establish cholera treatment units in all health facilities in the capital.