Nigerian state governors on Thursday approved the release of $1 billion from the country’s excess oil account to the government to help fight the Boko Haram Islamist insurgency.
The money will come from what is known as the excess crude account, which is a reserve of money earned from selling oil.
The sum is almost half the money in the account.
Although President Muhammadu Buhari has said that the war against Boko Haram had been won, the group continues to mount attacks and carry out suicide bombings in northeastern Nigeria and in neighbouring countries.
more recommended stories
Women robbed, loses car to Facebook lover
A Limpopo woman in Tzaneen was.
Kenya : $30,000 payout for Kenyan mistaken for prostitute
A Kenyan woman who was publicly.
United Kingdom pensioner raped Kenyan children
A UK man has been found.
‘Dozens dead’ after cyclone hit Somaliland
More than 50 people have died.
Kenya’s ‘miracle babies’ preacher Gilbert Deya released on bail
A Kenyan court has freed on.
Ghana’s speaker Aaron Mike Oquaye ‘to resign if MPs introduce gay bill’
Ghana’s Speaker of Parliament Aaron Mike.
Malaysia set to have the world’s oldest leader (92)
Mahathir Mohamad is on course to.
Ebola outbreak: Nigeria imposes airport screenings
NIS spokesperson Sunday James told Report.