The MDC National Standing Committee has resolved to suspend its Vice President Engineer Elias Mudzuri, a circulating press release alleges.
“The Vice President Elias Mudzuri is suspended pending disciplinary action a party directive against endorsing Emmerson Mnangagwa,” reads the press release.
The document is signed by Party Spokesperson and Acting Mayor of Harare Jacob Mapfume.
Mudzuri is accused of attending a meeting of parliament officials at State House, a view which interpreted as endorsing the Presidency of Emmerson Mnangagwa which MDC has always disputed.
The long Statement after the Wednesday’s Statnding Committee read as follows:
Today met and discussed the state of the nation. The meeting which was chaired by President Nelson Chamisa noted that the current political crisis was at the centre of several other challenges arresting the country.
The political crisis is characterised by a centre that is not holding, elite rapture, militarisation, conflation of the state and the ruling party, all worsening a crisis of legitimacy owing to the stolen election of 2018.
Resultantly the cure to the legitimacy crisis and the creation of a much needed new contract between the people of Zimbabwe and their leaders has not been established. Those in power now use the state as an arena of personal accumulation enriching themselves and those around them at the expense of the general masses.
The meeting noted that this political challenge has resulted in the following.
1. A collapsing economy with very low production levels
2. Heightening poverty, unemployment and inequality.
3. Massive shortages of fuel and other basic commodities.
4. A liquidity crisis with depositors unable to access their funds from the banks.
5. Monetary confusion with multi exchange rates.
7. Crippling inflation with basic goods becoming unaffordable for the majority.
8. Collapsing social services characterised by shortage of drugs and recurrence of cholera in some parts of the country.
9. A doctor’s strike which seen most hospitals discharging patients before completion of treatment and placing the rest on risk of death through avoidable conditions.
10. Hopelessness among society and an increase on crimes of necessity, violence and rising suicide cases.
The leadership recommitted to stick to its prescription contained in President Chamisa’s five point plan and shall complete the consultation process, conscientise Zimbabweans on the need for lawful citizen action as enshrined in section 59 of the Constitution.
The party will however remain committed in offering alternative economic policies to mitigate the unpalatable suffering of the Zimbabweans people.
more recommended stories
Zimbabwe’s Mnangagwa pledges reforms to promote democracy
Zimbabwe’s President Emmerson Mnangagwa on Saturday.
August 1 Inquiry report will be made public next week: Emmerson Mnangagwa
President Emmerson Mnangagwa who is also.
Thousands face eviction or house demolitions in Zimbabwe
Harare- Thousands of Zimbabweans face eviction.
Mnangagwa shuts door for Government of National Unity
Harare-President Emmerson Mnangagwa has all but.
Emmerson Mnangagwa: Those wishing for government of national unity ‘dreaming’
HARARE – President Emmerson Mnangagwa has put.
Zimbabwe Health Minister says Doctors’ demands ‘awkward’
Harare-The Zimbabwe Government has flatly rejected.
Zanu PF endorses Mnangagwa for 2023 elections
Harare- Barely five months into his.
Professor Madhuku savages war veterans
Harare-University of Zimbabwe law lecturer Professor.